Our Woman Crush Wednesday: Sarah Idan

A beauty queen par excellence Sarah Abdali Idan has taken a bold and commendable step by using Pageantry as a means to unite World Nations.

In 2017, Sarah was not only the first Iraqi Model to Participate in the Miss Universe Pageant in 45 Years but she has also served in both the US and Iraq Army contributing to the security stabilization in Baghdad. Sarah is also a Musician and song writer.


Sarah has successfully turned a tough experience into her biggest motivation. In an on-camera interview she said seeing bombings had  inspired her to do something more to help people.
She is in the news today because she is visiting the Jewish state of Israel and has reunited with Miss Israel for the first time since the 2017 selfie controversy where the publication of a joint selfie on their Instagram pages, expressing a desire to promote peace, while participating in the Miss Universe International Beauty Pageant in Las Vegas had sparked outrage in the Middle-East


A courageous young woman, although Muslim Sarah says “I want to represent Christians, Jews and Kurdish.Since I was a kid, I’ve known what I wanted to do in my life,I knew that I wanted to travel the world… I always speak my mind. I am not afraid. I’m happy and honored that I had the opportunity to do this… I would like to leave an impact."


You see why we love her?

Stay up to date on our events and activities. Follow us on Twitter @Miss_Nations and like our Facebook Page Miss Nations . 
Our Website: missnations.tv

Comments